The Past 18 Months

Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Almost two years ago, I had a heavy white envelope in my hands with a paper that would forever change my life. Written was my call to serve the Lord and to labor in the far away land called Fortaleza, Brazil.

Over the past 18 months, this far away land has become my home, the land where miracles truly do happen. I´ve seen literally the hand of my Savior touch the people in my surroundings. As a missionary of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints, I have taken probably over a billion steps acting as the Savior would, to help my dear brothers and sisters realize their divine nature as children of God.

There are many stories to tell and and lots of feelings to share, but the most I can seem to say is... Jesus Christ is our Savior and Redeemer. Through His teachings and light, I have found a true happiness. And sharing this true happiness the past 18 months has led me to see the very face of my Savior. I can say that I know Him and he is my best friend. He suffered our very own pains and afflictions BECAUSE HE LOVES US. He died on the cross BECAUSE HE LOVES US. And the reason why I had to be here in Fortaleza, Brazil is because HE LOVES US. I HAD to share this joy with all the world. And I pray with all my heart to know that I gave everything that I have for the sweet children here, because He did that for me and for every single one of us.

I´m grateful for the wisdom of our Savior to establish His church with a prophet, 12 Apostles, and the preisthood. Because only through this divine structure, can each one of us have an eternal family.  A truth and joy that we can only have by searching the true happiness in this life. I know that Christ restored His church through Jospeh Smith and that is why I have an eternal family today. And teh reason why one day, my children will be able to say the same.

I know, without a doubt in my heart, that Heavenly Father knows us individually. He sent His Son to suffer and die for every soul that has ever lived and ever will live. Through His teachings, we can be eternally happy. Joseph Smith is a man called of God to bring the pure doctrine of Christ her in our days. The Book of Mormon, is the most valueable item that I own. It holds precious truths and the most comfort I have ever felt in my life. I love my family and I´m grateful for their sacrifices for me so I could serve the Lord these past 18 months.

Thank you for everyone that has loved me and supported me through my mission. Your prayers have been truly felt. Until next week!

 The baptisms of Paula and Zuleide!!



 Next week, I will see my


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)