Time Flies

Monday, November 21, 2016

I´m a little emotional this week. I was joking around with my homie, Sister Chamberlain, about how she´s going home in two transfers and how she´s an "old sister" on the mission. It was all fun and games until she looked at me and said "you cant say anything, you only have four left!". I didn´t believe it, counted for myself, and started to cry. You know when you give a baby a bath and they want to stay in the bath forever unitl they´re super pruny and never ever get out? Hello, thats me.

On a more serious note, our week was great! I´m like a world traveler here. We did divisions with sisters in Itapipoca(look it up), 3 hours away. It was such a fun trip. Sister Chamberlain and I got stranded in the bus station for two hours and we enjoyed that moment. I often find myself saying "when is the next time i´m gonna be stranded in the middle of nowhere in a brazilian bus station with another crazy american?" You learn to love the little things on the mission. And learn to love the alternative plan.

We´ve been working hard to find new, promissing investigators but as of yet nothing new. I´ve become more like my dad who cant pass a person on the hiking trail without saying "good morning!", to see if they are our new elect investigators. I have faith this last week of the transfer will be a week of miracles. Mercia and Niley will be baptized byyyyyyyy ELENILSON! He recieved the Aaronic priesthood and will have the honor to baptize his nieces. Also this week Nayara, our recent convert from last transfer recieved a calling in the Relief Society Presidency #proudmissionary. I love seeing the progress of my recent converts. They´re changing their lives and helping others do the same.

I love this gospel with all my heart. I´ve become closer to my Savior and can say that I know Him. This church isn´t just a building but a perfect demonstration of the pure love our Heavenly Father has for us. How I´m so grateful to be a small part of this work.

My sweet Havaianas of Toucans I bought this week.
 Awesome view of the cutest city ever (Itapipoca)
 Sister Chamberlain awaiting the arrival in Itapipoca

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)