Felicidade

Monday, August 22, 2016

I think one of the most difficult questions to answer as a missionary is "How´s your mission going?". Not because you don´t know, but because you ponder about a million things and dont know exactly what to say. Do you go the easier route and say its all rainbows and sunshine or do you say the truth and say it´s been the most difficult thing you´ve ever done?

With each of these responses, the final words that I would say is "I´m the happiest I´ve ever been and it´s because of my Savior."

There are about a million things that I could complain about in the mission field, in my area, in the branch but none of that fixes anything. The only thing that really changes the way you look at people, the way you think, is my Savior, Jesus Christ. His perfect gospel is why I am the happiest I´ve ever been. His sacrifice is why I have a reason to be happy and the reason why I´m helping others find this chosen path. Strengthening our faith, REPENTING EVERYDAY, partaking of the sacrament and remembering our covenants with God, feeling and acting upon the Holy Ghost, and ENDURING TIL THE END is the only way to have eternal happiness. Just take my word for it. Missionaries cant lie. Sometimes we feel like something is missing in our lives. A better job, a better car, more children, another vacation... but how often do we look in the mirror and ask ourselves WHAT ARE WE MISSING? What are we LACKING individually? Its the most powerful question that we can ask ourselves and to the Lord. He will always show us what we can do, to change our attitude, live the gospel, and have the happiness we all want.

I think I´m getting to the point in life when I just want everyone around me to be happy. You know when you ask your mom what she wants for Christmas or for her birthday and she says crazy things like "a family dinner or a big hug or for everyone to be happy"? I think I´m becoming a soft mom. I just want a family dinner (still have a while for that one), a big hug (preferably from my parentals) but most importantly, for everyone to be happy.

Sister Myers

PS: Funny story time. So we always see this tiny lady with a wheelbarrel walking up and down this street in our area. This week, it was almost 8 oclock (and everyone was watching the Olympics except for us) and we saw this little senhora walking with this wheelbarrel. I finally got curious enough to ask her what she was doing. Get this. She explain that she used to take care of this really old lady and she had passed away this week. The lady she took care of had left her belongings to her caregiver. She had been moving her stuff into her house. I asked her what she was carrying so late at night and if we could help. She responded that she was going to pick up A QUEEN SIZE MATTRESS AND BOX ON THIS TINY WHEELBARREL BY HERSLEF. Seriously theres something in the water here that makes people crazy(but for reals, you cant drink the water here). So we walked with her to this house, managing to put this queen size mattress and box above the wheelbarrel. Miracle number 1. Miracle number 2? This little senhora´s house is two miles away. And we walked side by side, taking turns pushing this wheelbarrel, PRAYING that it wouldnt fall, in the middle of the night. We finally made it there and walked the rest of the way home, anxious to tell our kids one day of the trek we had just made.


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)