bem vindo a Jardim Guanabara

Monday, September 19, 2016

 love love love love love love being a missionary. When you go on a mission everyone says hey Chandler, it´s gonna be hard, you know that right? Im sure I rolled my eyes and said "duh" and continued on. But I´m here to say that as a missionary life is the greatest. It´s hard... yes. BUT if you´re working your hardest and loving the Lord, there´s just nothing difficult about it. Theres not. Soemtimes we put these difficulties in front of us. US MESMOS! If you´re focusing on what you need to do to help not only others, but yourself, to come closer to Christ, thats exactly what will happen.

This week we´ve been perparing Gabriel (Gaab-ree-L) for baptism! He has 13 years old and one of the most intelligent little boys I´ve ever met. He´s been reading the Book of Mormon everyday and is always brigning along a new friend to church. This week we had stake conference with 2 GENERAL AUTHORITIES! He said when hey were speaking, he saw a light around them. One of the sweetest humans I´ve met in my life. The young men here are really taking him under their wings. He said he´s gonna serve a mission in Arizona so I can make him cookies all the time. If only he knew that I defintely dont cook... or bake. MOM I PROMISE IM LEARNING OKAY?

We´ve also been teaching this great family WOOT WOOT I LOVE FAMILIES! Lidiany, Gersilo, Joao, and Jessica. Lidiany and Gersilo have accepted to GET MARRIED AND BAPTIZED! Lidiany reminds me alot of my sister Monica. She´s always smiling and joking around with us. But when she needs to feel the spirit, shes always looking to better herself. She says she gets so upset with the kids or she gets frustrated, like any mother does. And shes reads a chapter in the Book of Mormon and she feels peace. I wish you could all hear her words as she explains the spirit she feels. Gersilo has been giving up coffee and playing soccer on Sundays, the two biggest temptations in the country of Brazil. And their son, Joao is 8 years old and listening to our messages and will be baptized too! Then theres Princess Jessica that is the twin of my niece Brooklyn. Seriously they are TWINS. The process to get married is a little longer (like how the wedding was with Catia and Valdeon). But I´m excited to see them all in white one day!

Im so grateful for your love and support. I love this gospel and the happiness it brings me. My email and address on are the blog if you have questions about missionary work, the church, or whatever you´d like to send (I accept peanut butter).

Com muito amor,
Sister Myers
 Dress like an Elder day

 Jessica, that looks like my niece Brooklyn.

 Lidiany Gersilo and family
 Gabriel

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)