First, First, First

Monday, September 26, 2016

Hello my dearest family and friends that remember Chandler Myers still exists. (Even I forget sometimes). I'm practically dead because this week was super busy AND SUPER AWESOME. There were a lot of firsts, lots of tears, and lots of smiles!!

First baptism in Jardim Guanabara: GABRIEL GOT BAPTIZED! He's proabably the sweetest 13 year old who had the sweetest baptism. I feel so honored to meet God's children who are so prepared to hear the gospel. He was one of them. The baptism went really well. His aunt and kinda uncle (its complicated) was at the baptism o support him. The young men in this ward have really reached out to him, something that is so so so important for newbies in the church. Gabriel is taking an english class and I always leave 10 minutes before the lesson to help him with spelling and pronunciation. The best is when we leave his house and he yells after us ''SEE YOU TOMORROW!" I'm excited that he did this special promisse with the Lord and see where the Lord takes him.

First Division: As SLT one of your responsibilities is to do divisions with the sister that you're taking care of. So Sister Chamberlain and I went to Aguanabi this week and had a sleepover with the sisters(we worked too!). I was really nervous especially because the majority of these sisters are 1.older than me or 2. have more time on the mission OR BOTH. Imagine little Chandler telling you how you could better serve the Lord. BUT HEY I DID IT. Seriously it was a very spiritual experience for me. I saw that Heavenly Father was qualifying me for that calling which He gave. The spirit testified to me what I needed to say and do to help these sisters better understand the divine callings that they have as servants of the Lord. I love these sisters with all my heart. I love this special calling I have to serve them.

I love the Lord and the little tender mercies He's given me this week. It was a crazy week between divisions, baptisms, interviews, WALKING IN THE SUN OF FORTALEZA FOR THE WHOLE DAY, but I'm so grateful for my call to serve, to be in the greatest place on earth, preaching what I know to be true. I love this gospel and the happiness it brings, most importantly for these children of God that I have the privilege to meet. Find someone or a way to share this love with someone this week.

Sister Myers


Divisions
 Aguanabi- If you look closely, you can see the largest LDS church that isn't a temple I've ever seen in my life
 Baptism of Gabriel!

 My STL companion is obsessed with Llamas
 Our dear Renta that goes on visits with us everyday that is leaving in two weeks for CAMPINAS!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)