Happy & Training

Monday, October 24, 2016

Wow. There are so many crazy thinks happeing on this side of the world.

Wednesday. Sister Chamberlain(my long lost bff) and I made our way to the mission office to pick up our kids. We had NO IDEA who we would train. We arrived in the office and immediately went to the Mission President´s office. President Bonini said "All I need from you all is a YES or a No, to the responsibilty that the Lord as trusted in you." One by one we all confirmed with a yes. I think my yes was a little weak because I was SUPER SCARED. Then President went to the other room and as he called our name we entered into a room full of.... greenies(new missionaries). I was second to last. President assigned me with SISTER ALFONSO FROM PARAGUAY!!!!!

My companion is super sweet. Shes literally from a small village on the Brazil-Paraguay border. I have the biggest amount of respect for her already and I cant wait to learn from her. She´s kinda closed so I have to dig deep to learn new things about her. So far I know that shes a hard worker, very humble, and excited to work. And as a trainer, thats all i need to know.

Training is crazy. It feels like President was just like "here Sister Myers, take this kid and take care of it for 3 months". Which is hard, but Im learning to adapt. I know the importance of an awesome trainer, as I had the worlds best trainers in the world (Sister Souza and Sister Jackson- hi moms!). So I´m doing absolutely everything I can do be an example of what type of missionary she needs to be to do this sacred work. The Lord is blessing the work here in Jardim Guanabara. Several members did visits with us yesterday and we had alot of sucess finding new investigaors. So this week will be full and crazy and cheio de milagres!

Thank you for all your love and support. Im amazed every week by the amazing support I have from back home. Not every missionary has that and Im so grateful for the sacrifices my parents made so I could be here on a mission, serving the Lord.



 Birthday package!






0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)