The Challenge To Become

Monday, March 27, 2017

https://www.lds.org/ensign/2000/11/the-challenge-to-become.p1?lang=eng

This week, I had the privilege to read a talk that changed me forever. And I want to invite all to read this talk too and see what each of us need to do to BECOME who we need to become.

A mission (and life) is a place where we are expected to change. When a missionary comes homes everyone remembers them as the kid who left to a foreign land and then suddenly they come home adults and completely changed (okay, maybe not REAAAAAL ADULTS). What happens in that period of 18/24 months?

I wouldn't say I'm completely changed because I still don't know how to cook, I still am one of the goofiest people there are, and I ate potato chips for breakfast BUT the Lord has changed me spiritually in ways that I can't express my gratitude for Him. I love this part of the talk. It says "It is not even enough for us to be convinced of the gospel; we must act and think so that we are converted by it. In contrast to the institutions of the world, which teach us to know something, the gospel of Jesus Christ challenges us to become something."

The gospel of Jesus Christ has changed me and saved me in ways that are countable. And because of the gospel, I love being here on the mission. Its a love that I have SO SO big in my heart. To see others feel how I feel, to BECOME, is something that I´ll never forget.  It´s a weekly analization I do with myself....
When was the last time I was changed? When was the last time I become something of my Savior that I didn't have before?
Because isn't that what we are here to do in this life? To become someone greater than we were? I know that if we let the Savior into our lives, open the door wide open for Him, and we are willing to become, we will be.

Sister Myers

Things that only happen on the mission: letting your companion cut your hair
 When your daughter has a daughter (I BECAME A GRANDMA)
 All my friends are going home :(
 Sister Andrade <3
 I found salt and vinegar chips in the grocery store and I cried. Yes. Real tears.
 Two things I love the most: Coca Cola and letters from Sister Chamberlain

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)