Beach and Baptism

Monday, July 4, 2016

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMERICA! I would like to note that I´m proudly wearing my Red, White, and Blue here in the little town of Paracuru, Brazil. Everyday there is something happening and I think to myself how blessed I am to be an American and have the privileges that I have. So someone grill some ribs and watch the fireworks for me. I tried to say the pledge this morning and I began to translate it to Portguese. My mind just doesnt do english anymore. But I still do pictures so you´ll receive a bunch of pictures this week.

WE WENT TO THE BEACH(kinda)! So the rule in our mission is we can go to the beach but can´t touch the sand, where the beach starts. Which I think is hilarious because all the streets we walk in are just sand. Sand. Yes, it´s a great workout. Anyways, it was beautiful. We went right before the sunset and watched it from the top of this lighthouse. We´re quite the adventurers. Theres tons of beaches in Paracuru but this is the one you can see from our house and the closest.

This week we had a baptism! I feel so bad because I´ve been horrible about writing about our investigators this area. I´ll be better I promise. Meet Antonio! Hes about 40 years old, he´s my height, and super timid, but by far the cutest little man ever. I met Antonio the first day I arrived. When I arrived, he had gone a week without drinking or using drugs which is a miracle because when the other sisters had met him, he was passed out on the road. And now, a month later, he has completely changed. He´s working everyday, has drank or used drugs, and most importantly, has an incredible testimony of Jesus Christ. He´s amazing, seriously. Him and his family live in the simplest of conditions but have the biggest hearts. He doesnt say much but after his baptism he grinned ear to ear and tried to give me a bear hug. Nothing is better than seeing this change. Someimes I wonder if this is how my leaders, parents, and friends felt about me, when I gained a testimony of my Savior. And its growing with every day passing.

Besides this, it was really a peaceful week. We´re working really hard to find new people to teach. The culture here is more relaxed so not very many people have a desire to have religion or accept our invitations to read the Book of Mormon, visit the church, or pray. Which are the absolutely essentials to receiving a testimony. But I know there are people waiting for Sister Myers and Sister Miranda. We will find them.

Thank you for your love and support. I think the Elder that sorts the mail is getting tired of my name. I feel so much support from emails and letters. I cant express how much I love this gospel and the happiness that it brings. Not just now, but for eternity. Find someone to serve this week everyday. You dont need a name tag to do so. And I promise it will change whatever difficulties you are passing through, always does, always will.
Com muito amor e saudades de Estados Unidos,
Sister Myers









0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)