Lice & all things nice

Tuesday, December 6, 2016

For all of you who are thinking "yikes, this header doesnt sound good", you would be right. Catching lice is a step that all Brazilian missionaries must take and I am proud to say that I am an official Brazilian missionary.

So the water homies shut off the water for two days because they were making repairs on the line. Wait before this.... Two weeks ago I started to scratch my head ALOT. I went to Sister Chamberlain to check it out. As someone who has never seen lice she said there was just dandruff and I needed to wash my hair. LOL and I listened to her. (I wash my hair regularly okay.) Then we were at lunch and I was DYING. Finally I was like something is not okay and made her look again. Thankfully the member who is a mom checked it out and found TONS of lice. Duh, its been there for 2 dang weeks. So I IMMEDIATELY took some pill that releases a poison in your blood so when lice bite you, they die. I dont know if the states has this... it may be illegal there. #BRAZILPROBS Then I bought the special shampoo and a fine comb. Okay so we go back to the house and we're back to the water thing... WE DONT HAVE WATER. So we grabbed water from the outside hose in buckets and Sister Chamberlain washed my hair by hand (basically like the salon) in our "backyard". As my hair was still wet, she brushed out all the dead lice(and eggs) into this cup (See photo). And we cleaned our house and found tons more. And that is how I caught lice this week.

But besides lice, this week passed by so fast. WE'RE IN DECEMBER! Some houses put up Christmas lights and have baby Christmas trees. Its definately not home but it's almost close. Sister Alfonso and I are working hard to fin dnew investigators and the Lord is helping us find some awesome people. This week I've gotten to work side by side with my mission president, President Bonini and I have so much love for him. He's truly called of God to do what he does. Who else could take care of 200 20 year olds teaching about Jesus. He shares my birthday and has already promised lunch so that should be exciting. I really love being a missionary and Im so happy and priviliged to do what Im doing. People here find out Im in a foregin land speaking a strange language and left absoutely everything to be a missionary and they freak out. In reality, its the biggest blessing that I have in my life and I never want it to end. This week I'll have 11 months on the mission and that means a step closer to the year mark. My heart is dying a little inside. I love thie gospel and I know the Church is true.
 When you catch lice and the water is shut off.


 This fruit is "ata" and it's weird.
 My hair is huge!
 Our zone

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)