First Week in Paracuru

Monday, January 23, 2017

Weeks pass by faster and faster and that makes my heart hurt so much. This week was good! I had the opportunity to visit PARACURU. Definitely my hardest area one the mission, as missionaries we would say that I passed my "Gethsemane" there, but it has a special place in my heart. It was so nice to see some members from the branch and my sweet recent convert, Antonio, who was SO SO SO excited to see that I brought him a tie all the way from the United States.

As for our area, it is super different. It´s almost.... normal. Normal as in the culture is almost close to the American culture. Everyone has goods here, which is strange for me to see. I still freak out walking into the super Walmart here. It´s a huge learning expereince for me and I´m grateful for the challenge. We´ve had some awesome investigators in church these weeks so we´re praying and fasting for their decision to be baptized.

I came across a talk in the Liahona from Jefferey (the man) Holland, that had the following quote "...such people know they should have their primary residence in Zion, but they still hope to keep a summer cottage in Babylon." I almost fell out of my chair because of the power this quote has. It´s powerful.... BECAUSE ITS SO TRUE. Sometimes, as human beings, we like to pick and choose the commandments we follow with strict obediance. I, Sister Myers, have been guilty of this my whole life!! And so I started to think... in what areas do I like to keep my summer cottage in Babylon? And wow theres alot. But thats a reflection I needed to do, and that I´ll continue doing. So I can be a true representative of my Savior now, and forever. I DONT NEED A SUMMER COTTAGE IN BABYLON. I DONT EVEN WANT ONE. But they why do we keep building these cottages in our lifes? Strict obediance brings strict blessings always. So when life gets hard, and it always will, lets move back to our primary residence with our Heavenly Father.

I hope everyone will have a great week! I´m so grateful for your support and prayers. If I could ask for one thing, it would be your prayers especially on Wednesyday because I will give a training to the whole. entire. mission. Thank you!!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)