The week got flipped turned upside down.

Monday, May 30, 2016

I´d like to take a minute just sit right there, I´ll tell you how I became a Sister in a town called Ceara. (If any of you catched my Fresh Prince of Bell-Air thing there, gold stars for you) Can you tell I miss America? Only a little.

This week started out insane and to really frank, wee bit frightening. Long story short (because you reaaaaalllyy dont want the details), I had to get a colonoscopy on Tuesday. So Monday, Sister Bonini dropped of all those PURE LAXATIVES you have to take before hand. I died. I could only have water and Sprite. When you live in the land of Coca-Cola, its so difficult. Anyways I woke up from the colonoscopy like still super drugged. The fun part? I had interviews with my mission president right after. Yep. So Sister Jackson and I walked from the hospital to the mission office, mean while I´m saying whatever comes to my head. Sister Jackson said she got a real kick out of it. I said that the doctor that puts you to sleep looked like McDreamy. Then while we were waiting for my turn I started crying because theres a Sister Missionary from Temple Square that got to be in this last Ensign and the Ensign from last conference. I cried. But completely sober I still think thats unfair. Then I told the office Elders that if there were office Sisters the work would be more effcient. Yeppppp. I said that. But they all knew I was druggy still and thought it was funny. I was fine before my interview but getting to that point took a while. Poor Sister Jackson.

Wait, it gets better. So I was pretty much set that this week would stink. Sister Jackson got really sick the day after so we couldnt work. As we were doing visits, those three young boys we´ve been teaching said that their dad would give his permission. WHICH IS A MIRACLE. So all week we were waiting for him to be home. But he works for the military so hes rarely home. We finally tought the entire family Friday night and we shared a message about the importance of baptism. Then the dad looked at us and said, if they want to be baptized, I´ll support them. Gente. These three boys LIT UP. They´ve been taught for atleast the past year by MANY missionaries. And they went to church,seminary,activities every week by themselves. They´re THE GREATEST OF BOYS. They seriously are so strong in their faith, they had to be with their dad. And he signed the baptisimal form.

Saturday night, the boys suited up in white along with their uncle, Zenon, and were baptized. They were cheesin so hard when they got out of the water. And their whole family is Mormon, but most of them are inactice except for the uncle. The best part? The whole family was there. All three of them bore their testimonies. After, their grandma stood up, and said "I´ve waited so long for this. Now my family can be together forever". I just died inside. This is what missionary work is about. Its not about learning a new language, living in a different country. It´s bringing families together for ETERNITY. There is NO OTHER IMPORTANT work.

Sunday, there were more miracles. A family that had been active for YEARS, had gone through the temple, went inactive. We´ve been working with this mom and four kids to get back to church. Week and week went by and nothing changed. This week we had a lesson with her. Sister Jackson bore her testimony on the importance of the temple. I followed up with my feelings on families and what I wanted for my future family. I expressed to her that I had no idea what being a mom was like, but as a child, a crazy one at that, nothing was more important that my parents did, than take me to church every Sunday. And as we entered the chapel I saw that mom, dropping her kids off in their classes. It was such a tender moment. She said to us, Sisters, I did it today! Ugh I just cried. In sacrament meeting Caio, Gustavo, and Arthur recieved the Holy Ghost. The best part? Later that day, we got to watch Caio, Gustavo, Arthur, Valdeon, and Chrismeyer( son of the mom that came to church) recieve the priesthood. I sat there thinking about who theses men would be. Bishops, missionaries, semanary teachers, dads.... honorable men who changed my life. But the best thing is that whatever their lives will be like, they´ll be serving the Lord

These past two weeks have been incredible. Sometimes people look at missionaries who are baptising and think, wow theyre great missionaries. I will tell you one thing. The Lord puts us in the right place, at the right time. And without a doubt, He has changed the lives of these people. Not me, not Sister Jackson. The most important name on our name tags is Jesus Cristo. I know this church is true. Its the church Christ established here on the earth. The gospel is so simple. Following the example of Jesus Christ is the only way to be together with our families. I am where the Lord needs me to be. I love forgetting Chandler and putting everything that I was to be Sister Myers, a servant of the Lord. Thank you for your love and support. It means the world to me.
Boa semana e ate a proxima Segunda.
Sister Myers


 This was when I was forced to drink a bazillion gallons of laxatives (life isn't always golden, folks)
 Caio, Gustavo, Arthur and Family
 Os meninos e As Sisteres

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)