Transfers, Terinamento, Tape Worms and Testimony

Monday, May 2, 2016

Ola bom diaaaa! I would like to wish you all a happy May. Wow May... thats weird. So first TRANSFERS!!! Sister Jackson and I prayed like no other to stay together because its her last transfer and our group of investigators is growing. We even had investigators praying too, lol. Andddd we´re sticking together! Poor Sister Jackson, stuck with a greenie again. And we´ll only have 3 Americans in our house this transfer so it´ll be weird. I´m so grateful to be her companion. She has taught me so much and cant wait to catch up after the mish.

Treinamento: Im officially a trained missionary. Which is absolutely rediculous. It means I can have responsibility now. Hahaha. I loved doing training everyday and learning how to be a missionary and servant of the Lord for the people here in Brazil.

Tape Worms: JUST KIDDING MOM. Im sorry that wasnt funny. Just a little.

Testimony: This past Sunday was testimony meeting. I like to sit in my seat and listen to the member´s tesimonies. Mostly because it´s scary to bear your testimony in that type of setting and I dont speak Portuguese. And then, Valdeon stood up and said "Vamos la menina". So I followed behind him and bore my testimony in Portuguese. I think the members could hear my voice shake but it was awesome. As Valdeon started bearing his testimony, I started bawling. Theres no better feeling than seeing an investigator testifying of everything you´ve shared with them. He just gets it.

Everything is really good here. I just have such a strong conviction of this Gospel. I´ve seen it change lives in ways I never thought possible, including my own. I want to share with all of you, if you feel something is missing in your life, search for Christ. And when you find Him, follow Him constantly. There is no other way to be ETERNALLY HAPPY. Theres been many days before the mission that I thought I should share the Gospel with those who arent of my faith because I know it was the ONLY WAY to be and stay happy. For anyone who wants this for you and your future family, I may be a thousand miles away, but I can help you get in touch with the missionaries, where ever you may be in the world.

I want to thank everyone who has helped me throughout my life, and shaped me to who I am today. Thank you for your letters, packages, emails, thoughts, and prayers. I truly feel the support of an army across the world.
Boa semana por todos de vocĂȘs!

Sister Myers

Real coconut water. Not as good as it looks.
 I FINISHED TRAINING!
 Catia and Veldeon marking the wedding!
 The cool kids!
Soup Night!! Catia told us tomato soup isn't real soup so she made us her own. By FAR the most flavorful thing I've eaten here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

 
template design by Studio Mommy (© copyright 2015)